The case for multi-language marketing
- 29 November 2011 by Kenji Yano 0 Comments
There are many reasons Asian-language travellers are now considering business and leisure visits to Michigan communities. Mature economies in Asia, Japan especially, are going through socioeconomic changes similar to what Michigan is experiencing, and there is new interest in Michigan as a forerunner in a new knowledge economy. In addition, Japanese travellers are now particularly interested in destinations featuring fresh air and pure water — features which abound in Michigan! Now is a perfect time to promote business and tourism to Japanese consumers, both here in the midwest and in Japan.
Sunrizing helps tourism organizations reach Asian-language customers by creating multi-language packages that:
- help bring foreign language searchers to your site, and help them find and understand your offerings;
- address communication challenges via multilingual customer service reps; and
- create events and other opportunities for interaction.
Why now? Why not?
Times are tough and many communities blame “globalization” for job loss. It’s time to make global opportunites work for US communities and businesses. By opening doors to prospective customers (within your region as well as internationally) who use other languages, you expand your reach and help build the local economy.
Sunrizing has a proven track record working with communities and businesses to create powerful new language opportunities. We consult with communities to develop innovative outreach programs to increase tourism, and enhance the experience of foreign language visitors. Some of the programs that are being developed in SE Michigan are:
- translated landing pages and microsites that help communities efficiently “get found” and serve as portals to existing untranslated information;
- associated customer service options (email query handling in the foreign language);
- blogging groups where Japanese visitors engage in the community and share information with others in their language(s);
- multilingual events for specific industry segments, designed to spark new business relationships and ideas;
- Regional Japanese-language portal sites that feature road trips and destinations for Japanese language consumers.
Call us today at 734-761-5734 to discover how Sunrizing can help you reach out, and reach, new markets.